Thursday, December 06, 2007
Someone, please, make it work again.
I've been a rabid Project Runway fan since Season 2 (the hands-down best season, in my opinion, thanks to the Santino/Nick/Andrae triumvirate), but Season 4 is a real snore. I'm trying to figure out if the format is just getting time-worn (less clever challenges, repetitive critiques from the judges) or if this season's designers are just not "good TV."
Luckily, I just discovered Santino Rice's hilarious Elle show recap blog and have new hope that entertainment is still to be found in the series (especially comforting since the brilliant FourFour has gone into semi-retirement when it comes to his spot-on ProjRun recaps).
Some thoughts on episode 3:
- Grimacing Steven has to go! His Tim Gunn impressions are ludicrously bad.
- Victorya is a raving bitch on wheels. More like, Dicktorya.
- No surprise that guest judge Donna Karan liked Sweet P’s dress since it screamed DKNY.
- Michael Kors is really dropping the ball when it comes to his formerly funny, catty descriptors. "Mother of the bride" needs to be put back on the rack, oh signature-T-shirt-under-a-suit-jacket man.
- How can any season's designers hope to top the singularly witty and delightfully dramatic Santino, who has rechristened this season aptly: "Project Rami."